My husband was in a car wreck 9.5 years ago and they have not settled with him yet he has not been to the doctor for 8 years

Asked over 1 year ago - Springfield, MO

he was hit from behind and then another person hit that one and she hit my husband again my husband was stopped in traffic he got no tickets the other two lady both got tickets

1. Duane Matthew Randle

5

Answered . This is a disturbing inquiry to read. It is precisely why injured people need to consult with an attorney as soon as their health and circumstances allow. Your question does not detail whether or not you retained an attorney, if suit was filed, etc. My colleagues are correct in that if a suit was not filed, your husband is well past the Missouri Statute of Limitations for this type of personal injury claim.

Did the at-fault driver's insurance company lead you to believe that they would settle? What representations were made? You really should call an attorney locally and get advice once you have fully informed them of all of the details.

2. Josh P Tolin

4

Answered . Unless you had a lawsuit filed within 5 years of the auto accident , you are too late to file. It is possible the insurance company just sat back and waited until the statute of limitations expired. Please tell me your case is in suit and that you had or have an attorney. If not, you are out of luck.

3. Timothy Leo Bowden

4

Answered . usually, there is communication with the insurance company. if they havent communicated with you and you didnt retain an attorney to protect your rights, your claim may be gone. contact a local attorney to further advise you.

4. Tanya Marie Bachand

3

Answered . Unless your case is already in suit, you will not be able to recover.

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  5. Melvin G. Franke

1

Answered . What d oes your lawyer say?

Pro

2

Answered . I don't see a question

7. David Ian Schoen

Pro

1

Answered . And the question is... ?