My husband was hit on his motorcycle. Other driver was charged with improper lane change.

Asked over 1 year ago - Conyers, GA

Now my hubby is complaining of arm and leg pain and can't sleep at night from arm pain. Are we entitle to any damages?

1. Anthony Charles Kalka

Pro

10

Answered . You are entitled to Compensation for your accident. Please contact our firm or another AVVO rated firm to discuss your husband's accident. I would not recommend speaking with the insurance company of the at fault driver until you have spoken with an attorney.

2. Benjamin Whitaker Price

9

Answered . If the accident was not your husband's fault, and he was injured as a result of the accident, yes he is likely entitled to damages. And he needs to hire an attorney immediately to evaluate his case to determine what those damages are and find all sources of auto insurance available to pay those damages. If he is hurt he also needs to seek treatment why he is in pain and begin working toward a recovery. Call an attorney today as there are rarely any up-front costs associated with a personal injury case. Our firm handles cases throughout Georgia and can provide you a free consultation. 912-401-8880

3. Jonathan P. Sexton

Pro

8

Answered . The answer is that you husband is probably entitled to pain and suffering, medical bills, and any other incidental costs that caused by the collision. You didn't mention whether or not your husband has sought medical treatment. If he has not he should. You should contact a personal injury lawyer to assist you in this matter to maximize your recovery.

4. Philip Wesley Lorenz

8

Answered . Main thing right now is to ensure your husband receives medical treatment. After he has done so, judging from your description of what happened, yes, your husband is entitled to compensation in the form of reimbursement for medical expenses, lost wages and pain & suffering. You may also have a claim for loss of consortium depending on the circumstances. Keep in mind you are under no duty to communicate with or cooperate with the other driver's insurance company but am under a duty to cooperate with your own insurance company if you filed a claim with them. You should talk with any of the AVVo rated attorneys who have responded to your question, and I would be more than happy to provide you with a free consultation if you are interested. Call 678-780-2465 to arrange (sorry, my website is being redesigned or I would refer you there). Best of luck.

5. Thomas Andrew Miller

6

Answered . You may very well be entitled to compensation. You should consult an attorney and obtain representation. Don't open a claim or negotiate/talk to the insurance company without an experienced advocate looking out for you! The attorney will handle all aspects of the case and do your talking for you. Call an attorney before doing anything else in the case.

6. Burke Blackwell Johnson

5

Answered . If the other driver was negligent (and the fact he was cited for an improper lane change would tend to show this, though he may still deny it), then your husband has a valid claim against him. Your husband needs to seek appropriate medical care as soon as possible and then contact an attorney with experience in insurance and personal injury matters.

7. Kevin Coluccio

6

Answered . Contact a personal injury attorney.

8. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

6

Answered . Yes.You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.
  9. Robert G. Rothstein

6

Answered . Your husband needs to speak with a PI atty. and get medical treatment and document his injuries immediately. He should not speak with any insurance co. reps.!
    Avvo attys. offer free PI consultations. If my office location is convenient for you, we handle motorcycle cases and would be happy to speak with you.
    Robert G. Rothstein
    Attorney at Law (Atlanta)
    404-216-1422
    Visit www.rgrothsteinlaw.com for info.

10. John Michael Phillips

Pro

4

Answered . Call a personal injury attorney. The at fault party is responsible for his medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages and more. Medical treatment is key and you may not have to pay anything out of pocket to get him well and preserve your claim.

1-800-656-6952
    Jmp@knowthelawyer.com

Pro

5

Answered . Yes, retain a top-rated Avvo personal injury lawyer to pursue a claim

12. David Ian Schoen

Pro

4

Answered . Should be. Consult with a local personal injury attorney ASAP

13. Albert Lee Crosner

4

Answered . I would strongly recommend that you contact a local area personal injury attorney. Most provide a free initial consultation. You should contact a couple and then choose and retain one based on the experience that the attorney has and whether you feel comfortable with that attorney. Sorry about your husband's injuries and I hope he gets better soon. Best of luck.

14. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

3

Answered . As you have described the case, your husband is entitled to a variety of damages. You should consult with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney to review the case and advise you both accordingly. Your husband may qualify for pain and suffering as part the general damages portion of the personal injury settlement. For the pain and discomfort, he should see a doctor right way, possibly one referred by your attorney as he or she may be able to reduce the cost of the treatment. I wish you the best of luck.