My husband was granted voluntary departure to Mexico by a Judge in chicago illinois im a us citizen how do i get him back

Asked almost 3 years ago - Bensenville, IL

we are married for two years and has to leave by jan what can i do???

1. Lynne Rogers Feldman

Answered . i agree you need to consult with an immigration attorney before he leaves. If he will need a waiver to return it is always best to have him included in the psychosocial background interviews with a social worker and this is easier to do in person. Impossible to advise you on the process without knowing the full immigration and criminal hisotry for him and any equities to support a waiver if requried.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

2. Mark Davidson

Pro

Answered . Your explanation is too simple for a very good answer. I can state you need immediatel legal counsel to determine if the matter can be reopened or your husband must depart and try to come back through what is called consulate processing. In the absence of more information, I'd just be speculating as to what happened and what are the possible solutions.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you on what needs to be done. It is likely that your husband will need waivers.

4. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

Answered . It depends on why he was deported. Consult with an experienced attorney who is familiar with waivers and consulate processing.

5. Patricia Anne Bollman

Answered . This is a case where you need to consult with an experience immigration attorney and tell them all of the facts so that they can make a careful evaluation as to what, if any, options are available to you.

6. C. C. Abbott

Answered . My cleeagues are accurate in their comments. You need to retain an experienced immigration attorney who can examine the complete immigration history of your husband and provide a legal opinion. Be careful of using a notario who will promise to fix his papers to be able to get back to the US but will only steal your money and make false promises. Good luck.

7. Jeffrey Adam Devore

Answered . How best to proceed can only be determined after a review of your husband's case. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for case specific advice.