My husband was fired from a private nursing home and paid for his wages but they would not pay him for his accrued vacation time

Trinidad, CO |

My husband had accrued 69 hrs which they refused to pay him. Their reason was because he was fired 10 days before he was elgible to get paid? What can he do.

1. Employers can impose waiting times before vacation pay and sick pay vest. Take the employer's written policy to a CO lawyer or the CO Department of Labor for a review.

David A. Mallen offers answers on Avvo for general information only. This offer of free, general answers is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. If you need specific advice regarding your legal question, you should consult an attorney confidentially. Many experienced California labor and employment attorneys, including David A. Mallen offer no-risk legal consultations to employers and employees at no charge. David A. Mallen is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, as well as the California Labor Commissioner and the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board. Failure to take legal action within the time periods prescribed by law could result in the loss of important legal rights and remedies.