My husband was detained and was told that he need it to sign voluntary departured,because it was a process for every detained ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Norwalk, CA

we have been married since 2006, I am a u.s. citizen, he has been in mexico since 2008, We have 3 young children . In March of 2013, He will be turning 5 years from being deported, Is there anything i can do any advice on were to start, I will be so thankfull.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You must set up an appointment and consult with a lawyer in your area. The general answers we give here will not solve your problems.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  2. Eunjin Chang

    Contributor Level 6


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Please call me to discuss this matter. Time is of the essence.

  3. Philip Alan Eichorn

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Please file to obtain his court records and his immigration (a-file) records before proceeding on a path with new filings. This will help your lawyer identify all bars to returning and advise you accordingly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,034 answers this week

2,755 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary