Skip to main content

My husband was deported to mexico he was on probation and has 4 months to finish probation .

Dallas, TX |

Know he come back to united states and immigration has him know in jail for not finishing probation.

Attorney Answers 3


It's not clear what you're asking. You need to consult with an immigration lawyer.

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Immigration doesn't have him for not completing probation--the criminal court does. I'm sure there's also an ICE hold on him. As long as he is in custody, he will have a court appointed attorney on the criminal case. He will have to dispose of that before he will be transferred to ICE. I would get him an immigration attorney as soon as possible.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


He can beat the probation violation since he was deported - that is not his problem. His problem is illegal re-entry. He was deported therefore he was not permitted to return. This will likely be handled in federal court. Once he is again deported, he CANNOT return - likely EVER.

Cynthia Henley

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics