My husband was deported since 2008. He is struggling in Mexico trying to survive. I am a US Citizen, can I petition him back?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Tacoma, WA

My husband and I are married and have 2 children. This is his first and only criminal conviction- drug possession. Any help is appreciated.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to consult with an experienced immigration attorney, and provide him/her with a copy of your husband record of conviction and deportation order.

    For further information, please see

  2. Nicklaus James Misiti

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . More information is needed. For a free consultation give me a call at 212 537 4407 or follow the link and fill out the form at my website.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,082 answers this week

2,687 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,082 answers this week

2,687 attorneys answering