My husband was deported in 2008 what can i do to bring him back?

Asked about 3 years ago - Dallas, TX

They told him he couldnt come back to the U.S and we just believed that was true but he doesnt have any legal document that says that. After so long im just tired of having to live in Mexico, were maried and im an American citizen we have a 3 year old son and expectin a baby soon, doesnt that help in any way for him to be able to come back legaly?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Pallavi Bhalla Ahluwalia

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . If deported, then your husband would have been subject to an order. Please have the order reviewed by an attorney to determine if there are chances to overcome that by filing waivers on your behalf. Could he have been given voluntary departure, perhaps? Please go over the circumstance and the reasons for the deportation/removal/departure to see if they can be overcome.
    Good Luck!

  2. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You do not explain the circumstances if his deportation and what efforts were made on his behalf at the deportation hearing.
    It would advisable to contact an immigration lawyer to discuss these and explore the options available for him.


  3. C. C. Abbott

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . My colleague is correct in her comments. You need to collect all of his immigration file and court records and provide them to an experienced immigration attorney for a legal opinion as to what relief, if any, is available to him under current immigration law. Good luck.

    Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to... more
  4. Sean Lewis

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . An immigration attorney should review the facts of the removal case, family connections, immigration and consular waiver options (if any). An attorney might also consider a motion to re-open removal proceedings and the possibility of parole back to the U.SD. depending on ICE's position... There is no way to answer your question without a lot of time spent studying these facts you have described.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,300 answers this week

3,340 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,300 answers this week

3,340 attorneys answering