My husband was deported in 1999 his mother is a US Citizen what can he do to come back to the US?

He had his green card at the time and he hasnt tried to come back at all since then, we go to see him almost every other day but it es very tiring and expensive not to mention time consuming as the lines at the international crossings get longer and longer, I thank you for your help and advice, thank you.

Sunland Park, NM -

Nicklaus James Misiti

Nicklaus James Misiti

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

It depends, some people can never come back, others can come back with minimal issues. Why was he deported? Take his paperwork to a qualified immigration attorney and they will help you determine the best path forward.
Regards,
Nicklaus Misiti
Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
212 537 4407

Carlos Andres Lopez

Carlos Andres Lopez

Immigration Attorney - Charlotte, NC

There is one missing piece of information in your inquiry - Why was he deported? Also, are you a U.S. citizen? If so, you may be able to petition for him. The mother may already be able to petition for him, but he has to wait years before he can apply for an immigrant visa, and then the question becomes whether he is admissible to the United States based on his criminal and immigration history.

I recommend that you see an attorney in person. Good luck!

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

If he had a green card and was deported, there must have been a reason. Do you have the immigration court papers to determine the basis for his deportation?

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

All depends on why he was deported. If criminally as an aggravated felon, then he can probably never come back. if for another reason, have an experienced attorney review his entire file and come up with the most appropriate solution. If you do not know why he was deported, makes sense to get his file

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.