MY HUSBAND WAS DEPORTED AND I WAS DENIED FOR MY SENTRI. HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO DENY ME A SENTRI BASED ON HIS DEPORTATION?

San Diego, CA |

MY HUSBAND WAS DEPORTED. I APPLIED FOR MY SENTRI AND WAS DENIED BECUASE OF HIS DEPORTATION. WE HAVE A CHILD TOGETHER SO I HAD TO MOVE TO MEXICO SO HE CAN HLEP ME RAISE MY SON. I HAD TO LEAVE MY DAUGHTER IN THE USA WITH HER DAD BECAUSE HE WILL NOT ALLOW MY DAUGHTER TO EVEN VISIT ME IN MEXICO. IS IT LEGAL TO DENY ME MY SENTRI ( I HAVE TO CROSS THE BORDER EVERYDAY TO GET TO WORK) BECAUSE MY HUSBAND WAS DEPORTED? THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME SO WHY WAS I DENIED?

The fact that your husband has been deported is most likely a hightened risk factor for consdiering whether you should be in the trusted Sentri program. I know of multiple situations where Sentri approval is impacted by family members so it is not uncommon. Also, you shoudl consult with an immigration attorney to determine if there are any avenues to sponsore you husband for residence in the US.

2. Why are you shouting?

http://www.kassj.com/netiquette/netiquette.html

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. My colleague is right -- why ARE you shouting?

An attorney-client relationship is not formed by my responses to questions on Avvo. My responses are not intended to be legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice.

4. because they can and please do not shout.