My husband was deported and in 2008 got approved for i130 but he got re-deported does this new law help for this situation

Asked almost 2 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

He put the i130 form in to early from what i understand form approved came back illegal re-deported again for how long no idea. Is there any hope of him ever being able to get his green card he also has a brain tumor

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Irene Vaisman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . From what you describe, probably not. But you should definitely speak to an experienced attorney so that the full picture can be seen

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . There may be a lot that can be done. You need to sit with an experienced immigration lawyer to advise you properly after getting a full immigration history on your husband.

    Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.
    Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
    Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728

    The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20... more
  3. Matthew L. Kolken


    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . I would need more details about your husband's case to be able to give a thorough answer.

    That said, it is possible to obtain permission to enter the United States on a temporary basis even if an individual is otherwise inadmissible. See:

    Feel free to call my office to schedule an appointment if you would like to speak to me. 716-854-1541.

  4. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . There are no new laws. If you are talking about the provisional waivers, which is a new processing form for an old law, the deportation is a bar to them.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Visa appeals

If you have been denied a visa or are about to be deported, you can appeal the decision.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,278 answers this week

3,202 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,278 answers this week

3,202 attorneys answering