My husband was denied a work permit and when we went to the info-pass appt., we were told that his green card case was denied.

Bellerose, NY |

My husband and i got married in Nov. 2007 and applied for him to get a green card in dec. of 2007. My husband is a Canadian Citizen and was a canadian citizen before we applied for a green card. Our interview was in july of 2007 and he was approved for a work permit in the meantime. This year, when we tried to renew his work permit, he was denied. we went to an info pass appt. and were told that my husband's case was denied. We haven't recieved any written notice yet. We did see on the USCIS website that we were mailed a denial notice for the work permit. What can we do now when we eventually recieve the letter stating that his green card case has been denied. We do have a lawyer. What should we go about doing next?

You need to discuss your situation with an immigration attorney.

Somehow, USCIS denied your I-130 petition and you need to find out why. As your interview was over 1 year ago, your time to appeal has expired unless you can establish that you were never informed as to the reason.

Until you know why your immigrant visa petition was denied, it is very difficult to know how to proceed. You may have received an RFE (Request For Evidence) that you never responded to that led to the denial.

Stanley Dale Radtke, Esq.
220 Montgomery Street, Suite 416
San Francisco, CA 94104
415-252-1234

Marriage and prenups topics