My husband was being attacked at the palisades park mall and the security didn't do ne thing to help would they be at fault

Nyack, NY |

he got detained then released but since it happened on the property of the palisades mall would the security be responsible

1. Contact a local personal injury lawyer to discuss your options.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

2. I think there is some information missing. However, based on what you stated this could be a Negligent Security action. There are a lot of good attorneys in your area. You can find one on Avvo. If you would like a referral I would be happy to give you one for a great attorney by you.

Mr. Pascale is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time-lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Pascale strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to insure proper advice is received.

3. Possibly. This is fact specific. Speak with a personal injury lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

4. A case like this really depends on the facts. It is possible there could be liability on the mall under certain circumstances. If your husband sustained injuries and damages then it is worthwhile to speak to a personal injury attorney to see if you have a claim. Good luck.

5. You may have a claim for inadequate security. Retain a local personal injury lawyer to investigate.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

6. It's possible. Contact a local personal injury attorney.

Tim

7. When I evaluate a personal injury case I work it backwards to forward. In other words, I always start with "what are your injuries?" If there are none or minimal then even if the other person is liable there is no case because you are not "damaged," i.e. hurt. You are not telling us your husband's injuries - broken bones? Shattered face? Dislocated joints? Surgery? Hospital stay? Loss of sight or hearing? Those injuries would have the elements of a viable personal injury case. If he had a strain or sprain that he put ice on that would not have the elements of a viable personal injury case. So let us know what the injuries are and we can evaluate the case further.