My husband was attacked today by a group of kids-age ranges 13-16, in the afternoon in Brooklyn, New York.

Brooklyn, NY |

My husband was punched on the back of his head, and twice in the face. The police were called and one of the kids was caught. My husband was told that he could NOT press charges against this kid because he was a minor. Is this correct?

The police officer at 79th precinct told my husband that there was no further action he could take, and the kid walked.

1. Minors are arrested and prsecuted under the juvenile justice system in every state every day, so the advice you allege your husband received is not comprehensible.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

2. Nonsense. You should go to the precinct and speak with the desk seargent. If that doesn't work, then keep moving up the chain.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

3. You should rush over to the precinct and speak to the commanding officer there. If you get no satisfaction, then reach out to a local politician or two or three.
    I would get on this right now. You could also ring up the Brooklyn DA's office and complain.

Law Office Of Michael Marley
    Phone 917 853 4484

4. Absolutely NOT correct. Tell your husband to go back to the precinct and ask to speak to the officer in charge and explain what happened.

All answers are for information purposes only. Answering this question or any future questions does not form any attorney-client relationship. Be mindful, that answers are limited by the limited facts presented by the questioner and are not meant to take the place of competent legal advice by an attorney fully informed of all the facts surrounding your case. However, be aware that nothing posted in a public forum such as this can be deemed confidential or privileged communication.