My husband was attacked by my ex in FL. What steps should we take now?

Asked over 5 years ago - Tarpon Springs, FL

My husband was attacked by my ex, and suffered a broken nose, facial fractures to the center right and left nasal passages. He has to have surgery before he can return to work, I am in school, and we have no money. What should we do to get him surgery so he can return back to work and we want to pursue a lawsuit against him. husband never touched my ex.

Additional information

Yes I called in the attack to our local police department, and the suspect was arrested. We got a temporary injunction granted today. Would a family lawyer handle this type of case?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Dominick Christopher Russo

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Did he report the attack? If there's a pending criminal case, he could call the victim's advocate for the state attorney's office or the sheriff's department.

  2. Christine Elizabeth Pejot

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . You should contact the Tarpon Springs Police Deparment to report the incident. If you or your husband fear that your ex may attempt another attack, you also have the option to seek an injunction (restraining order) in civil court. A temporary restraining order would be issued, then your case would be set before a judge who will determine if and/or how long the restraining order will take effect.

  3. Ronald Anthony Sarno

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You can file a criminal charge against ex.You can sue ex civlilly.You can get a restraining order against him as to yousince you had a domestic relationship with him. As for surgery, you may have to see if there is a crime victim's compensarion board in Fl.
    Mr. Sarno is licensed to practice law in NJ and NY. His response here is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question. Many times the questioner may leave out details which would make the reply unsuitable. Mr. Sarno strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their own state to acquire more information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,898 answers this week

3,105 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,898 answers this week

3,105 attorneys answering