My husband was arrested for gbi for 7yr term. He has been out 2 yrs in june. Last Friday he hit me and I reported it for benifit

Fresno, CA |

Of my children. He is on high control porole how much time is he gonna get for this

Your question is confusing. You claim you reported your husband to law enforcement for "the benefit of your children". If your husband is a danger to you or your children, why have you chosen to live with him? If he is so much of a physical danger to you or your children such that you called law enforcement, why do care what happens to him? From the facts described, it's not possible to determine how much custody time he will get. He likely has strike(s) and probably prison prior(s) The incident with you is at a minimum going to be charged as a felony domestic violence. Obviously nobody on this forum knows what happened or whether your husband has any good defenses. What's clear is that if you didn't want your husband to go to prison, you shouldn't have called the police. If you called the police and provided a false police report, that is a misdemeanor under Cal. PC 148.5. If you told the truth then the matter is largely out of your hands though you have certain rights as a victim of domestic violence regarding punishments that would be imposed on you for refusing to testify. If you have more questions, you should contact a local criminal attorney for a consultation.

2. This could likely be a probation violation and he could get sentenced to the maximum of the original sentence, 7 years by what you're saying, in addition to any new charges he could be facing such as a new battery or whatnot.