My husband was arrested for a DUI warrant and obstruction of justice in Illinois. Is he going to stay incarcerated long?

Asked over 1 year ago - Joliet, IL

My husband was the passenger in a vehicle involved in an accident, which was not the driver's fault. He lied to the police about who he was because he had a month old warrant out for his arrest for missing a DUI court case. Both are class 4 felonies. He only has 6 more months left of his 24 month probation. Both charges are being tried separately and I don't have any money to bail him out. How long will he stay in jail approximately with a public defender? The sentence for the DUI was 3 months in custody and 24 months probation back in 2011.

1. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . I recommend a very fine DUI counsel for that particular case, Peter Petrakis. For your convenience here is the link below:
    http://www.petrakislaw.com/

2. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

1

Answered . Sorry to hear that you're going through this. It's going to be very difficult for any of us to answer your question without the benefit of reviewing all of your husbands police reports and criminal background. Even if you don't have the money for an attorney, I suggest giving a couple of local criminal defense attorneys a call, as most will offer a free consultation. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen