My husband was arrested, a $200,000 bail set. Somehow, he posted bail, using our home. Shouldn't that have required my sig

Asked over 1 year ago - Hesperia, CA

He has been arrested several times in the last month. DUI, resisting arrest, making threats to family and neighbors. Yet he is out on bail. Now today he missed court, and it said that bondsman was notified of bond forfeiture, does that mean there will be a warrant issued and he will be arrested? If so, will bail be set again.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Donald Gray Drewry


    Contributor Level 12
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Fail to appear will cause the court to issue a bench warrant for his arrest and forfeit the bail. The bonding agency will look for him, and if he is arrested prior to any forfeiture hearing. If there is a forfeiture hearing, you need to be present, and you should be ready to dispute the bail bond based on your home as you did not sign the release of the property. This assumes you are also on the deed. You should have a real estate lawyer with you, and contact one for the requirement of needing your signature to create a lien on your property. If has failed to appear, as you stated, the bail will go up in most cases especially when he does not turn himself in.

  2. Joseph Salvatore Farina

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Sounds like your husband is having some issues. Yes, failure to appear means his bail is forfeited, the bail company is notified and they have six months to get him back into custody. If they do get him into court, the court may set a much higher bail, depending on how long he was gone.

    The information and legal suggestions made herein do not in any way create an attorney-client relationship. The... more
  3. Vijay Dinakar


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It's unclear what your position is on all this. You say he's made threats to "family and neighbors"; does this include you? If you are a victim, this is a different situation. Perhaps you are not a victim but you want to see your husband incarcerated for other reasons. You may want to hire a local attorney for yourself, depending on what your interests in this matter are. Good luck.

  4. Paul Nathan Puri

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . He's going to need a really good reason why bail should be reinstated. As to the bail folks, they don't need both spouse's signatures. The world of bail is very hairy.

Related Topics

DUI: An overview

The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

Dealing with a DUI arrest

A DUI arrest must be based on probable cause: the officer must have enough evidence to arrest, as determined by a combination of factors.

William C. Head

The Most Common Types of DUI-DWI

Police officers utilize two primary ways to charge you with “drunk” driving. These are “impaired driving” and “driving with an unlawful blood alcohol level” or “per se” DUI-DWI. These two... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,309 answers this week

3,297 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,309 answers this week

3,297 attorneys answering