My husband wants to adopt my daughter and give her his last name how do i do this?

Asked 11 months ago - Crystal City, TX

she has my last name. biological father not on birth certificate, he never signed papers at the hospital, and has never been in her life even when given the chance to be

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Maria Sara Lowry

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Hire a lawyer - step parent adoption can be a tricky process. It will take a longer conversation to determine what, if anything, needs to be done about the biological father.

    This answer DOES NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is based on the limited information... more
  2. Jimmie Lee J. Brown Jr.


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Hire an attorney. Ms. Lowry is correct.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,050 answers this week

3,246 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,050 answers this week

3,246 attorneys answering