Skip to main content

My husband visited to US on L2 visa and applied for EAD, after 50 days he left US due to emergency in Home country.

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: L-2 dependent visa

My husband visited to US on L2 visa and applied for EAD, after 50 days he left US due to emergency in Home country. Now, he has recieved RFE to submit I-94. But, my husband is not present in US. What can be done on this issue.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. He should speak with the attorney who assisted in the filing of the L2 visa.

  2. Without any delay contact his counsel of record and supply all correspondence of the RFE to that professional or retain one without any further procrastination.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professionally competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide a competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions expressed are general in nature, and may not apply to specific, factual or legal circumstances related to one's present legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in that State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive comprehensive legal assistance before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois

  3. Nothing. When he comes back, he will have to reapply for EAD.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics