My husband tried to renew his TxDL and was denied due to charges in jacksonville, NC. DUI and driving while licnese suspended

Humble, TX |

Both from 1991.. While he was an active marine. He left shortly after that and has been inTX.. He has had a TxDL renewed many times.. First time we have heard of this. I called the court and they said he has to come to NC to clear this up.. Is this true.. Really 22 years later?? Any advice would be greatful.. Thanks in advance..
.

He could be qualified for an occupational license in Texas. The problem may be that North Carolina just went through some old files which is why the license issue just popped up. Most states will honor the license suspension from another state. Contact a North Carolina lawyer for their opinion.
Austin DWI Lawyer
www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
512-495-1813

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

I would hire a DUI attorney in North Carolina to straighten this out. It will all have to be resolved there. In the meantime, he may qualify for an occupational DL in Texas. Contact a local defense attorney on this issue.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.