My husband told me to leave

Atlanta, GA |
Filed under: Divorce

My husband told me to leave but I don't have any money saved. All of our accounts are in his name. What should I do?

One spouse cannot make the other leave. Only a court can do that. Retain or talk to legal counsel to determine what you need to do at this point.

If your marriage is irretrievably broken and there is no hope of reconciliation, I suggest you speak with an attorney about filing for divorce. Once you file, the Court will issue a Standing Order that will offer you protection.

You can also request a temporary hearing where you can seek financial support from your Husband, while the two of you go through the divorce process. The temporary living situation can also be addressed at that time. I suggest you speak to an attorney immediately. If finances are difficult, please know that my law firm offers free consultations to help guide you on how best to begin.

Please click on the link below to learn more about my law firm, or give us a call should you wish to schedule a free consultation.

Please know that this is a general interest posting and does not create an attorney client relationship.