My husband surrender himself due to a arrest warrant for a motion to revoke his Adjudicated Deferred Probation yesterday?

Asked 7 months ago - Houston, TX

My husband surrendered himself yesterday 02-10-2014 due to an arrest warrant for a motion to revoke his Adjudicated Deferred Probation yesterday? What happens now? So far he doesn't have a court date to see the judge & he doesn't have a bond. I have been told my husband needs to see the judge first before he can get a bond? Is this true? I have also been told he should see the judge today, since he surrendered his self yesterday, is this true? Will, my husband surrendering him self have any impact on the bond he is given & will he be given a bond? He is in Harris County downtown jail, if that helps anyone answer my questions! My husband is in his middle 40's, works hard & isn't a flight risk. I need someone to please take the time to answer all my questions and give full details on answers

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

1

Answered . You need to hire him an attorney if at all possible. His attorney can file a motion to set bond. If you cannot afford to, he will be appointed an attorney. If you call the court, they should be able to tell you who that is. I doubt he'll see his judge today. He'll probably just see a magistrate for arraignment.

2. James Reese Campbell

Answered . A bond can be set by a Judge when the warrant is issued on a probation violation or after the arrest. It is also possible to be held without bond pending his hearing for revocation of probation. It is best to hire an attorney who can file a motion to set bond. If you cannot afford an attorney the court will appoint one who can also file a motion to set bond. The attorney could include in the motion the fact that he turned himself in which the Judge could consider when setting the bond amount. Visit the Harris County District Clerk's website to check the status of your husband's case at http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/edocs/public/sea....