My husband surrender himself due to a arrest warrant for a motion to revoke his Adjudicated Deferred Probation yesterday?

Houston, TX |

My husband surrendered himself yesterday 02-10-2014 due to an arrest warrant for a motion to revoke his Adjudicated Deferred Probation yesterday? What happens now? So far he doesn't have a court date to see the judge & he doesn't have a bond. I have been told my husband needs to see the judge first before he can get a bond? Is this true? I have also been told he should see the judge today, since he surrendered his self yesterday, is this true? Will, my husband surrendering him self have any impact on the bond he is given & will he be given a bond? He is in Harris County downtown jail, if that helps anyone answer my questions! My husband is in his middle 40's, works hard & isn't a flight risk. I need someone to please take the time to answer all my questions and give full details on answers

You need to hire him an attorney if at all possible. His attorney can file a motion to set bond. If you cannot afford to, he will be appointed an attorney. If you call the court, they should be able to tell you who that is. I doubt he'll see his judge today. He'll probably just see a magistrate for arraignment.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please consult an attorney who practices criminal law in your jurisdiction for the most accurate legal advice.

Thank you so much Mrs Macy, for your reply. Can you tell me what might happen if he doesn't see his judge and sees a magistrate? Will he get a bond? Will be able to be released today till he is able to see his judge? Thank you again for your time, understanding and care in trying to help & answer as many questions as you can, bless you

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Only his judge can set a bond because of the pv. He cannot be released until a bond is set and is posted. The law requires the judge to set a bond if he's on deferred. But it may take an attorney to enforce this. The other way he can be released is if an agreement is reached to reinstate his probation. Again, this requires an attorney.

Thank you Mrs. Macy, we think we have him an attorney, what will they do now, will they go plead his case, get him reinstated, get a bond set or what? The attorney is saying he will go this morning to court & see if my husband is on the court docket, if he is what will happen then or what's next? So sorry so many questions, just so worried about my husband & what will happen now, praying the outcome will be in our favor, in Jesus name.. If you were here in Houston, I would ask you to represent my husband, I think you would go to bat for him with all you had!

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers

If you have an attorney, just trust him to do his job. No one can guarantee the outcome, and all I could do is blindly guess. An attorney who practices regularly in that court is in the best position to advise you of the most likely result. Follow up with the attorney this afternoon to find out what happened at court. Best of luck.

Thank You so much, please pray for my husband, he is a good hard working man, that puts his family and God before anyone or anything else.. He is not a danger to anyone, he just wants to take care of his family, many blessings to you

A bond can be set by a Judge when the warrant is issued on a probation violation or after the arrest. It is also possible to be held without bond pending his hearing for revocation of probation. It is best to hire an attorney who can file a motion to set bond. If you cannot afford an attorney the court will appoint one who can also file a motion to set bond. The attorney could include in the motion the fact that he turned himself in which the Judge could consider when setting the bond amount. Visit the Harris County District Clerk's website to check the status of your husband's case at http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/edocs/public/search.aspx.

My husband has a Arraignment tomm. what will happen? Will he be able to get out of jail? Will his probation be reinstated? We have hired a attorney but I still have lots of questions because Im so worried.. Please if anyone could just give me examples of what could and couldn't happen, I would so appreciate it and thank you..