My husband seized my green card trying to control me because am new in the country.

Houston, TX |

I had to file for a GC replacement with a relative's address without his knowledge, so I went for my Biometrics appointment on January this year. Since then I have been checking my Status online it has been on Acceptance. Just few days ago i found out it is now on Post decision activity indicating that the i-90 application has been approved . Please what does it mean? And what is the next step after that.

It means your request was approved. You will get your new green card.

2. It means good news.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. Congratulations! Means the application for a replacement green card has been approved & new card will be mailed to you soon.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

4. It means that you have been approved. However, depending on whether your card is conditional (your marriage was less than two years old when you obtained the green card) or permanent (10 year card), it appears that you may have issues IF you have to file to remove conditions. IF you will have to file to remove conditions, you should probably discuss this situation with an immigration attorney considering that you have to go to such great lengths to simply obtain your green card. Hope everything works out for you!