My husband sat on a lawn chair on display at a HEB, as he sat down, it slipped out and fell. Who is liable for his injury?

San Antonio, TX |

The floor is very slick and glossy, and the lawn chair didn't have any type of grip. His elbow is in extreme pain, and we do not have insurance. What are my options? I did report to HEB, and they only took my information down, and were completely unemphatetic. I do not know what to do. It was extremely difficult for him to function at work today.

1. I don't know what a HEB is, but you probably need to consult with a local personal injury attorney ASAP

2. I suggest speaking to a personal injury attorney in your area, they will be able to best determine if you have a cause of action and how to proceed, best of luck.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Jonathan D. Marx and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney

3. HEB may be liable for your husbands injuries, but it all depends upon the incident made the basis of his injuries. I strongly recommend you contact a local lawyer so that they can preserve the video tape if any of the injuries. Good luck.

Know YOUR Rights. Take Action Now. CALL 855-648-4695. Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. Mr. Crockett is licensed in Texas in Illinois only.

4. Have one of the above lawyers in your state investigate.

5. Premises liability cases are tough to win, especially in Texas . With that said, it sounds like you may have a case. Call an experienced personal injury lawyer. I would want to know, among other things, why the floor was slick and glossy and where the chair came from.

Call Clark toll free for a free consultation on your TX, NM or AZ case. 877-565-6753. Harmonson Law Firm, P.C. accepts cases throughout TX, NM and AZ. No attorney-client relationship is established by S. Clark Harmonson / Harmonson Law Firm, P.C.'s reply to your query on AVVO. The reply provided is general in nature and should not be construed as specific legal advice under any circumstances. The only manner in which an attorney-client relationship can be established with S. Clark Harmonson / Harmonson Law Firm, P.C. is through a written fee agreement signed by S. Clark Harmonson / Harmonson Law Firm, P.C.

6. Possibly. I suggest you contact a local personal injury attorney with experience in prosecuting lawsuits against HEB.

Also, did you sign a release or any other documents when you spoke with HEB?

7. I agree with the attorneys above who have commented. HEB typically has their entire store under surveillance which may help you show that HEB did something wrong. Contact an experienced personal injury attorney who can investigate your claim and make sure HEB does not get rid of any evidence related to your injury.

8. Premises liability cases are difficult to prosecute but there could be a potential case for liability on the Store's part if they knew that said floor was unreasonably slippery for their invitees(customers). The store's responsibility will be based on foreseeability and knowledge of the floors slippery surface. It is important that you see a lawyer in your area immediately to evaluate your case.

9. It is difficult to determine who is at fault without knowing all of the facts surrounding the incident. I suggest you contact a personal injury attorney in your area. He or she will be able to give you more information and help you determine the proper course of action.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between The Law Offices of Ronald A. Ramos, P.C. and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.