My husband sat on a lawn chair on display at a HEB, as he sat down, it slipped out and fell. Who is liable for his injury?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Antonio, TX

The floor is very slick and glossy, and the lawn chair didn't have any type of grip. His elbow is in extreme pain, and we do not have insurance. What are my options? I did report to HEB, and they only took my information down, and were completely unemphatetic. I do not know what to do. It was extremely difficult for him to function at work today.

1. Brian Heath Crockett

13

1

Answered . HEB may be liable for your husbands injuries, but it all depends upon the incident made the basis of his injuries. I strongly recommend you contact a local lawyer so that they can preserve the video tape if any of the injuries. Good luck.

2. Seth Clark Harmonson

Pro

10

Answered . Premises liability cases are tough to win, especially in Texas . With that said, it sounds like you may have a case. Call an experienced personal injury lawyer. I would want to know, among other things, why the floor was slick and glossy and where the chair came from.

3. Jonathan David Marx

10

1

Answered . I suggest speaking to a personal injury attorney in your area, they will be able to best determine if you have a cause of action and how to proceed, best of luck.

4. Curtis James Bickers

8

Answered . I agree with the attorneys above who have commented. HEB typically has their entire store under surveillance which may help you show that HEB did something wrong. Contact an experienced personal injury attorney who can investigate your claim and make sure HEB does not get rid of any evidence related to your injury.

5. Byron Craig Alfred

7

Answered . Possibly. I suggest you contact a local personal injury attorney with experience in prosecuting lawsuits against HEB.

Also, did you sign a release or any other documents when you spoke with HEB?

Pro

8

Answered . Have one of the above lawyers in your state investigate.

7. Tatiana Kadetskaya

8

Answered . Have a local lawyer look into it

8. David Ian Schoen

Pro

7

Answered . I don't know what a HEB is, but you probably need to consult with a local personal injury attorney ASAP

9. Rogelio Garcia

4

Answered . Premises liability cases are difficult to prosecute but there could be a potential case for liability on the Store's part if they knew that said floor was unreasonably slippery for their invitees(customers). The store's responsibility will be based on foreseeability and knowledge of the floors slippery surface. It is important that you see a lawyer in your area immediately to evaluate your case.

10. Ronald Anthony Ramos

4

Answered . It is difficult to determine who is at fault without knowing all of the facts surrounding the incident. I suggest you contact a personal injury attorney in your area. He or she will be able to give you more information and help you determine the proper course of action.