My husband's property management is refusing to give me half the rental income for a house we co-own, is this lawful?

Fairfield, CA |

The property management has a contract with my husband and not I, but are putting all of the rental income into his bank account and refusing to give me half the rent, even though we co-own the property together. They claim that since I am not their client that this is lawful.

1. I think that you will have to work it out with your husband, not the property management company. The management company has an agreement with him, not you, unfortunately. Also, you didn't say "ex-"husband, so I presume that you are still married?

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs. www.figgardenlaw.com