My husband's immigration status is 2 year conditional. Can I remove I-130?

Denver, CO |

And where to send the request? Fraudulent marriage it seems and attempted coercion to keep me married thru threatening use of I-864. He works BTW

You can call the USCIS fraud line.

2. This is a duplicate question.

The Law Office of David N. Shomloo, LLC. David N. Shomloo, Esq. Immigration/Criminal practice 222 N W Davis st. no. 402 Portland, Oregon 97209 www.davidshomloo.com 503-220-5045 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. An immigrant doesn't need to stay married to successfully remove conditions. Sometimes the immigration issues get mixed up with the divorce issues. My best suggestion is that you get legal counsel on both the divorce and immigration issues, and make your decisions accordingly. The obligations on the I-864 will continue to exist, regardless, until death to you part (or your spouse leaves the US, becomes a US citizen or has worked 40 qualifying quarters for social security purposes).

This answer provides only general information and may not be relied on as legal advice. For more information about immigration law and policy, please visit www.lichterimmigration.com or follow us on twitter (@lauralichter) or facebook, www.facebook/lichterimmigration. To find an immigration lawyer in your area, log on to www.ailalawyer.com. Listed attorneys have been members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the nation's premier bar association for immigration lawyers, for at least two years, comply with annual continuing legal education (CLE) requirements and carry malpractice insurance.