My husband's brother in law to whom he applied and now he is permanent residence. now he is treating us with life.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Sacramento, CA

what we can do? can we file a law suit for his deportation. he is threaten me to kidnap my daughter. please answer. i can not send my daughter out side to play, i am afraid to send her school. my daughter is us born citizen. me and my husband also citizen. help me

i did inform the police. officer made a report. but she told me he just threat you crime has not been committed yet. i have no idea what else i can do to protect my family.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . Call the police by dialing 911 on the telephone if you feel threatened. The police will take care of him.

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

4

1

Answered . You should contact the police immediately

3. Michael Albert Dedecker

3

Answered . I would agree with my colleagues that you should definitely consult with an attorney that has experience with both restraining/stay away orders and also immigration law. my office does handle both types of situations and can help advise you of all your legal rights. While a restraining order may just be a piece of paper to the perpetrator, it does give you legal remedies should he violate those orders, which could include deportation. Good luck!

4. Thuong-Tri Nguyen

4

Answered . You should contact local attorneys to discuss whether you can ask a court to issue an order prohibiting the brother in law from having any contact with you or your daughter.

The order itself will not keep you or your daughter safe if the brother in law ignores the order. You still need a plan to keep you and your daughter safe.

However, the order will provide the government a basis to charge the brother in law with criminal law violations if he violates the order. Being convicted may expose the brother in law to deportation from the US.