My husband recently passed away and I found out we have not filed income taxes since 2003, what can I do

Asked about 5 years ago - Omaha, NE

My husband passed away in may and i just found out that we have not filed taxes since 2003.There was no will and no insurance and no property. We filed bankruptcy in 2003 i think. Our house was taken from us in 2004 i think I have not found all of the w2 forms but i am still looking. What do I need to do? Call a lawyer? Call the irs? Call an attorney?I am on social security so i have no money. Is this something I could go to jail for? I am scared and do not know what to do. Please help me with any information.

1. Frank A Selden

Answered . no, you are not going to jail. i would contact the IRS. they have a great program for people self-disclosing tax issues. self-disclosing meaning you tell them before they tell you.