My husband passed away in Sept. I understand the legal issues with IRS but what about State Taxes?

Asked over 1 year ago - Selinsgrove, PA

IRS-we filed married separately except last few yrs-so most of the federal debt is wiped away, although, I still owe a fair amt. there. But, what about state taxes? He owes $11,000. No will/assets what can be done?

1. Jacques H. Geisenberger Jr.

1

Answered . There are really not enough facts to answer your question without clarification of whether your husband died with absolutely no assets. Or when you said no assets did you mean there were no probate assets? Also is the $11,000.00 owed to the IRS, the State or to his general creditors. I suggest that you consult with a local attorney concerning the facts and get a straight answer.