My husband needs to get usa soon to start his residency this year 2013 and his visit visa application denied wh shud he do now

Asked over 1 year ago - Gaithersburg, MD

hi , i am a permanent resident of usa for 7 years but i did not stay in usa all those years, i was going back home back and forth so couldn't complete the time period of 5 years continuous residence as well as physical residence in order to apply for citizenship .i recently got married and applied for my husband immigration by filing i130. he is a doctor back home he took usmle step 1 and step 2 ck back home and passed these exams then he applied for step 2 cs which he could only take in usa he was supposed to take it in june 2013 , he got the ecfmg approval letter as well but he dint get the visit visa because they told him i have applied for him already .my question is if i cancel my petition for immigration of him r there more chances that he would get visit visa soon to take third

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

1

Answered . It will be very difficult for a person married to a green card holder to get a J visa.

2. Shiva Pal Gill

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . Canceling will not help him get another type of visa because the Department of State know he has the intent to immigrate. And for that reason he will not get a visitor visa either. He should put off his residency until he gets the immigrant visa.

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

1

Answered . Canceling the I-130 will not help.