My husband loaned a vehicle to our daughter, and her husband drove it, without our permission and was arrested, car seized

Asked almost 3 years ago - Oklahoma City, OK

as a result of having marijuana in the vehicle, along with the cash($7500) which we had loaned them to purchase a vehicle before the baby was born.. We had loaned them the vehicle, because my daughter was pregnant, but the state has had the car for over a year now, and are now trying to "forfeit" it, and the money claiming that it was used in the commission of a drug deal, due to it's proximity to a "roach" in the car.. what can we do to get our car back??

Attorney answers (1)

  1. John Hunsucker

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . You need to contest the forfeiture. As owner of the car, you should receive notice of the forfieture action and be given a set time te respond by. As far as the money, you will proabably not get notice of that but you cfan intervene and claim ownership. This is a little complicated and you should retain counsel for this.

    Answers to AVVO questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,800 answers this week

3,283 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,800 answers this week

3,283 attorneys answering