My husband loaned a vehicle to our daughter, and her husband drove it, without our permission and was arrested, car seized

Oklahoma City, OK |

as a result of having marijuana in the vehicle, along with the cash($7500) which we had loaned them to purchase a vehicle before the baby was born.. We had loaned them the vehicle, because my daughter was pregnant, but the state has had the car for over a year now, and are now trying to "forfeit" it, and the money claiming that it was used in the commission of a drug deal, due to it's proximity to a "roach" in the car.. what can we do to get our car back??

1. You need to contest the forfeiture. As owner of the car, you should receive notice of the forfieture action and be given a set time te respond by. As far as the money, you will proabably not get notice of that but you cfan intervene and claim ownership. This is a little complicated and you should retain counsel for this.

Answers to AVVO questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is not a substitute for legal advice and should not be relied upon without a full consultation with an attorney that can fully look at issues involved.