MY HUSBAND JUST OR TOLD ME HE WANTS A DIVORCE. WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED 10 YEARS. WE HAVE TWO GIRLS WHO ARE 6 AND 7

Bangor, ME |

IM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT MY FIRST STEP SHOULD BE HERE, TO PROTECT MY GIRLS AND I.
HE IS IN THE NAVY AND HAS BEEN OUR ENTIRE MARRIAGE.

1. I am sorry that you are going through this. The best thing to do right now is to speak with a local attny asap and make sure that he or she discusses your finances with you, if you have any joint accounts you need to protect the funds and you will need to seek child support, the worst thing you can do is procrastinate, take care and I hope that things work out for you and your daughters.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.