Skip to main content

My husband just got arrested for failure to appear in court regards child support. He never received any notice neithergotserved

Bridgeport, CT |

can they legaly arrest him without any notice of court date?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


In order for your husband to have been arrested a warrant had to be signed or issued by a judge. So the answer is yes, the arrest is legal. Has your husband recently moved? perhaps notice was sent to the last address of record or the address on his license. Your husband can assert inadequate regarding the arrest, but it will not affect the legality of the arrest.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer