My husband just filled 4 me With his permanent residency.he is abt 2 be sworn in 4 his citizenship. How do we update immigration

Bronx, NY |

Hes been a permanent resident since 2002 and finally decided to become a citizen. We mailed all the forms on the 15th of oct and he is taking the oath of naturalization on the 17th of oct. How do we update his status to immigration to make the filling peocess faster? Also I applied for the travel permit would it be in by jan?

What I don't understand is this - If you knew your husband would be taking the oath on Oct 17, why did you mail the forms on Oct 15? You couldn't wait 2 more days? You need to call uscis so they can update your category!

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

2. You do not. Once he is a citizen, file for AOS, provided you entered with a qualified visa.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

3. I don't know how you applied for travel permit if you filed under your husband's green card. Once he gets naturalized and you receive a receipt for you application, you can update your records with USCIS, file Adjustment of Status if you qualify for it ( that is if you entered with a valid visa), apply for your travel permit etc. Remember your process can go much smoother with an attorney who canlook at your particular circumstances, tell you of any problems you may encounter and help you prepare to address them.

Marriage and prenups topics