My husband just bought a new house, but my name is not on the property as an owner or co- owner. As his spouse, do I have any

Sterling Heights, MI |

Rights? For example, if I don't want his sister to come to our house because she mentally and verbally harrases us, can I deny her access to our house? And if she insists on coming, can I call the cops to turn her in as an intruder?

The first you have rights? Absolutely. The second question your husband inviting her over? If so, she would be violating the law. If either you or your husband invites someone over, that person is granted permission to be there and as such they aren't violating a law. Does your husband want her there?

Yes, my husband wants her there. What rights do I have .?

James Allen McGrail

James Allen McGrail

you have the same rights as him. But unfortunately, if he allows someone to stay there or visit, she's not trespassing. the same would go if you invited someone over he didn't like. The person is invited...therefor they aren't trespassing. You really need to talk to your husband and not her.

You have rights in the house. His sister may come if he invites her.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for your choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .

Recommended articles about Real estate