My husband just bought a new house, but my name is not on the property as an owner or co- owner. As his spouse, do I have any

Asked 3 months ago - Sterling Heights, MI

Rights? For example, if I don't want his sister to come to our house because she mentally and verbally harrases us, can I deny her access to our house? And if she insists on coming, can I call the cops to turn her in as an intruder?

1. James Allen McGrail

1

Answered . The first question....do you have rights? Absolutely. The second question though...is your husband inviting her over? If so, she would be violating the law. If either you or your husband invites someone over, that person is granted permission to be there and as such they aren't violating a law. Does your husband want her there?

2. John F. Brennan

Answered . You have rights in the house. His sister may come if he invites her.