Skip to main content

My husband is working for an indian company. His company has sent us here in US on L1and L2. He is on L1 and i am on L2.

Harrison, NJ |

I (his wife) got EAD and i 94 till 2014. And i am working here. But now my husband is leaving US permanently as he has been assigned next project in india. But his employer company will not terminate his L1. Because they might send him back but that is not fixed. So in this situation can i work here once he leaves US? I have valid EAD n i94.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. It seems like he is not in fact leaving the U.S. permanently if the employer is keeping the visa so he can return. If you are in valid L2 status, then your employment authorization is also valid.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

  2. As long as he may return and his L-1A is not being terminated then your L-2 continues and you may continue working.

    Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277

    Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

  3. I agree with my colleagues.

    973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

  4. Not on the facts you give.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Education law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics