Skip to main content

My husband is petitioning for me. He is filling out form I-130 and form G-325A. For form G-325A, can I add other information?

Pomona, CA |

By other information, I mean educational background for the five years that I don't have anything to show for employment. I've actually never been employed and know that it's not required but I wonder if they would think I'm lying if I have nothing to show for what I been doing for the previous 5 years. I'm 24 and recently graduated with a BA in Psychology. Would it help to send copies of transcripts, diplomas, both, or none? Would any of this information even matter?

Attorney Answers 4


It would suffice to include information that you have been attending school during the 5 year period. Assuming an interview for the petition or an application for permanent residency, you can certainly clarify for the immigration officer that you are or were a student. There is no requirement that you be employed as an applicant, only that you will not become a public charge, hence the requirement for the sponsor to complete an affidavit of support on your behalf.

Mark as helpful


Talk to an immigration lawyer. Depending on your current location and legal status (if in the US) the I-130 and G-325 forms may not be the only thing to do. Educational and other 'good' things are not important in marriage cases. -- -- Senior Legal Counsel -- Capriotti International Law -- Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Contact the American Immigration Lawyers Association for a referral to an experienced immigration attorney.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You have a lot going on. Consult with an immigration attorney because you want this done right.

Mark as helpful


Tell the truth on the forms. If you are not lying, you have nothing to worry about
COnsult a lawyer, they can answer your questions directly

For more immigration info, please see

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at

Mark as helpful

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Recommended articles about Form I-130 (alien relative)

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics