My husband is on probation and has a no contact order as part of his probation. How do I get this dropped?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Highland Village, TX

He has a domestic violence charge that I tried to drop but the state picked it up. I also asked them not to peruse a no contact order, but they did. He's on probation for 7 years and we have three kids together. I want this dropped ASAP. He's the only one that works, we share a car, and we aren't allowed any sort of contact. His probation officer came to my house with two cops yesterday trying to catch him here. This is ridiculous. Please help me!

Additional information

They saw the car the he drove last (we share it) in the driveway so that's what they said was the reason they were trying to find him. I told them that my mom, who the contact order has nothing to do with, picked it up from him the previous night. I'm so scared he is going to be in trouble. But he's been doing everything he's supposed to do so I don't understand! I need this dropped!

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Kevin Rindler Madison


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . You can work with a lawyer-usually your husband's criminal defense lawyer- to petition the court and have that condition dropped as a condition of probation. You can also start by just asking his probation officer if they would agree to that and the P.O. can ask the judge to drop that condition.

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,758 answers this week

3,137 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,758 answers this week

3,137 attorneys answering