My husband is mexican and am 2 1/2months pregnant if i ask for medicaid would it affect if i want to get his papers.?

Asked over 1 year ago - Laredo, TX

hi i have a question, i am a us citizen and my partner is mexican we have a baby of 8month and iam 2month 1/2 pregnant my question is would it affect in anyway if i ask for medicaid and try to get my partners papers..?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

1

Answered . Not really

2. Michael Hugh Carlin

5

Answered . No, it will not. But when your husband is filing for permanent resident status as your husband, you will need to submit financial documents to show your ability to financially support your husband. If your income is below a certain level, then you will need to find another person to serve as a joint sponsor for financial support purposes. I suggest that you meet with an experienced immigration attorney about the case, to prevent problems and to have the best chance of success.

3. Irene Vaisman

Pro

4

Answered . No, but when ready to file for him you must financially qualify and if you do not, he will need a financial joint sponsor

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

3

Answered . Not directly.