My husband is lock up in Stewart detention center in lumpkin,G.A how can I get him out the judge denied his bond when ice took h

Asked 6 months ago - Lumberton, NC

This man said he was a D.A in Orlando ,FL he told me if I give him 1,500 he can get my husband out and give him a other 1500 when he get out

1. Carlos Andres Lopez

4

Answered . I don't think you can bond him out with 5 DUIs. The judges at Stewart routinely deny bonds for immigrants with one DUI, saying they are a danger from society. Your husband clearly has an alcohol and substance abuse problem. Hire an attorney to tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear. Since it is unlikely to bond out, you need to see if he qualifies for any immigration benefit and prepare a removal defense. If not, he has to take voluntary departure under safeguards or be deported. Time is of the essence.

2. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

5

Answered . Don't believe him. See an experienced immigration attorney.

Please see

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . Don't you believe or trust him. He is simply after your money and will likely "disappear" and or not return your calls anymore as soon as collect the first installment. Seek a reputable, experienced and licensed immigration lawyer in your area. Do not pay attention to the list that the detention center guards might hand you, nor contact any of the lawyers' whose business cards the detention center guards might hand you.. Those are usually the worst attorneys and typically bribe the guards to hand out their business cards or recommend them.

4. Martin Mark Rosenbluth

2

Answered . If an immigration judge already denied bond, your husband can either appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals, or file a new bond motion based on changed circumstances. But there needs to be a real change of circumstances in order to resubmit. Judges in Stewart are well-known for denying bonds. I doubt very much whether someone claiming to be a D.A. would have any weight with the immigration court. I would instead seek out an experienced immigration attorney who has practiced at Stewart before.

5. Morrie Pour Nourian

3

Answered . First Why was he arrested and in ICE custody?
    Second if the judge denied him bond then he must be subject of mandatory detention or considered aggravated felon for immigration law purposes.

Third. Never trust someone who tells you I can without a valid defense or argument.
    Fourth keep your piece of mind and hire an attorney for him.

6. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

3

Answered . You should retain an immigration attorney and seek a means to obtain a favorable decision from the Immigration court. In the interim it is very likely he will remain in ICE custody. Please be aware an attorney cannot promise results such as a release from custody.

7. Mac Nayeri

2

Answered . Talk with an experienced immigration attorney who regularly represents folks detained at the Stewart facility.

After doing so, they will be able to 1) review the reason why the initial bond was denied and 2) review what, if anything, could be done to show the necessary changed circumstances from the time of the original denial to the present in order to qualify for a second bond hearing.