Skip to main content

My husband is in Mexico he's been denied for his I 601 wavier . So we did another wavier AND TURNED THE APPLICATION

Detroit, MI |
Filed under: Immigration

by doing the application again and waiting for a decision, and when the do law for the wavier in march that she going to be passed will that help my husband get approved faster or will they make us wait longer.

Attorney Answers 6

  1. There is no new law. The provisional waiver program that takes effect on March 4 is a procedural change that allows people in the United States to submit their I-601 waiver in the United States before they attend their visa interview in their native question. It will not help your husband if he in Mexico.

    Heather L. Garvock Attorney Ellis Porter, PLC 2701 Troy Center Dr., 410 Troy, MI 48084 Phone: 248-519-9900 Fax: 248-519-9901 Email: For more information about current issues and developments in immigration law, visit my blog: The information I provide on my blog and Avvo is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney client relationship.

  2. The new provisional waiver procedure that begins March 4, 2013 will not have an effect on your husband's case. Your husband is not eligible for that new procedure, because he is not in the United States.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

  3. This is a duplicate question.

  4. see my answer in your other post.

  5. The new waiver is for people who are present in the US.

    Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. for a free consultation about new Immigration Reform policies. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

  6. If your husband is outside the U.S., the new provisional waiver rules will not apply. One of the requirements for this new procedure is that the waiver applicant has to be in the U.S. If you are preparing your waiver application without the assistance of experienced counsel, you might be making a mistake. As you know from the first denial, it is not easy to get a waiver. What might be obvious to you might not be obvious to the adjudicator.

    The answer above is only general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known and detailed research has not been undertaken. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers require an investigation into all facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. Use these answers at your own risk.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics