My husband is in Mexico he's been denied for his I 601 wavier . So we did another wavier AND TURNED THE APPLICATION

Asked over 1 year ago - Detroit, MI

by doing the application again and waiting for a decision, and when the do law for the wavier in march that she going to be passed will that help my husband get approved faster or will they make us wait longer.

1. Heather Louise Garvock

Pro

5

Answered . There is no new law. The provisional waiver program that takes effect on March 4 is a procedural change that allows people in the United States to submit their I-601 waiver in the United States before they attend their visa interview in their native question. It will not help your husband if he in Mexico.

2. Michael Hugh Carlin

5

Answered . The new provisional waiver procedure that begins March 4, 2013 will not have an effect on your husband's case. Your husband is not eligible for that new procedure, because he is not in the United States.

3. Russell Reid Abrutyn

Pro

3

Answered . If your husband is outside the U.S., the new provisional waiver rules will not apply. One of the requirements for this new procedure is that the waiver applicant has to be in the U.S. If you are preparing your waiver application without the assistance of experienced counsel, you might be making a mistake. As you know from the first denial, it is not easy to get a waiver. What might be obvious to you might not be obvious to the adjudicator.

4. Sasha O. Lazarevich-Sinnott

4

Answered . This is a duplicate question.

5. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . see my answer in your other post.

6. Gintare Grigaite

1

Answered . The new waiver is for people who are present in the US.