My husband is in mexico and he got approved for his i601 wavier can he come home now

Detroit, MI |

Or is there another step we have to do before he is able to come home to the states

Your husband will need to obtain his immigrant visa at the U.S. Consulate abroad before he enters the United States. He cannot enter the country without the immigrant visa. I would advise consulting with an immigration attorney about the final steps your husband must take before he can enter the United States.

Lisa Tehlirian, Attorney -- Ellis Porter, PLC 2701 Troy Center Dr., 410 Troy, MI 48084 Phone: 248-519-9900 Fax: 248-519-9901 Email: lisa.tehlirian@ellisporter.com For more information about current issues and developments in immigration law, visit my blog: www.miimmigrationnews.com The information provided on my blog and Avvo is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship.

Congratulations on the approval of the I-601 waiver! You could contact the US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico to be sure that they receive the notice of the I-601 approval. If the I-601 approval takes care of any and all problems of inadmissibility, then your husband will likely be ready to obtain his immigrant visa. You will need to pay a processing fee to US immigration officials. You can see information about that here: http://www.uscis.gov/immigrantfee
Best wishes to you.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

He needs to complete the immigrant visa process. He should not reenter the U.S. without the visa because that could create other, even more serious, bars to his admission.

What steps he needs to take depends in part on how long it has been since his visa interview.

The answer above is only general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known and detailed research has not been undertaken. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers require an investigation into all facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. Use these answers at your own risk.

He needs to obtain an immigrant visa before he can come to the US.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

He must obtain a visa.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

He needs an interview at the US consulate.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.