My husband is in mexico and he got approved for his i601 wavier can he come home now

Asked about 1 year ago - Detroit, MI

Or is there another step we have to do before he is able to come home to the states

1. Lisa A. Tehlirian

Pro

8

Answered . Your husband will need to obtain his immigrant visa at the U.S. Consulate abroad before he enters the United States. He cannot enter the country without the immigrant visa. I would advise consulting with an immigration attorney about the final steps your husband must take before he can enter the United States.

2. Michael Hugh Carlin

8

Answered . Congratulations on the approval of the I-601 waiver! You could contact the US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico to be sure that they receive the notice of the I-601 approval. If the I-601 approval takes care of any and all problems of inadmissibility, then your husband will likely be ready to obtain his immigrant visa. You will need to pay a processing fee to US immigration officials. You can see information about that here: http://www.uscis.gov/immigrantfee
    Best wishes to you.

3. Russell Reid Abrutyn

Pro

7

Answered . He needs to complete the immigrant visa process. He should not reenter the U.S. without the visa because that could create other, even more serious, bars to his admission.

What steps he needs to take depends in part on how long it has been since his visa interview.

4. J Charles Ferrari

6

Answered . He needs to obtain an immigrant visa before he can come to the US.

5. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

5

Answered . He must obtain a visa.

6. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

3

Answered . He needs an interview at the US consulate.