My husband is in LA County Jail, Is his projected release date actually accurate?

Asked about 3 years ago - Glendora, CA

My husband was sentenced 45 days in county jail for a low level misdemeanor, the bailiff assured me he won't serve more than 10-20% of his sentence. However, when I looked up his release date online, the projected release date was 44% of 45 days, so what I am asking is-if the date doesn't actually reflect the real 45 day sentence, does that he mean he really will serve 44% of his sentence? Or are projected release dates not quite accurate? Thanks so much in advance

1. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

Answered . The LA County jail is overcrowded. Chances are he will serve less than the projected release date.

2. Jacob D Zamora

Answered . The county jail has discretion to lower the amount of time you husband will spend in county jail. In some counties, because of overcrowding, some inmates were spending in jail only one-third of the actual sentence.

You should confirm with the jail when your husband will be released because there are additional factors that can affect his release date.