My husband is in jail and they are charging with all line of crazy charges and i dont have the money

29479 |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I dont have the money to help what should i do

1. If your husband doesn't have enough money to hire an attorney, he might qualify for the services of the public defender. He will have to fill out an application for the court to determine whether he qualifies for the public defender's services. You can probably call the court house in the county that he is being held and ask them what the process is for filling out the application for the public defender.

Attorney's answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.

2. You've probably heard this a million times on TV-your husband will be provided an attorney if he cannot afford one. Good luck.

Please be advised that there is no attorney-client relationship between us. No attorney-client relationship exists between us until an engagement agreement has been fully executed by both of us. There may be statute of limitations issues and other factors that may impact your legal rights and remedies. The information provided is for educational purposes only and is otherwise not to be relied upon for any purpose.

3. I concur with Atty. Ison's answer. Depending on the charges filed against your husband, if the charges could result in jail time he may be eligible for a court appointed attorney. The court will also consider your husband's income and assets in its determination of whether he qualifies for a court appointed attorney. When your husband returns to court he can request that he be interviewed by probation to determine his eligibility. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

4. There are lawyers that will work with you by putting up collateral and other things to asure payment. You or your husband may want to considder this route. I am a criminal lawyer near you and have help people in the past this way.
    Robert J. Johnston LawyerSC@aol.com 843-946-0099