My husband is in jail and they are charging with all line of crazy charges and i dont have the money

Asked over 1 year ago - 29479

I dont have the money to help what should i do

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Howard M Lewis


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . I concur with Atty. Ison's answer. Depending on the charges filed against your husband, if the charges could result in jail time he may be eligible for a court appointed attorney. The court will also consider your husband's income and assets in its determination of whether he qualifies for a court appointed attorney. When your husband returns to court he can request that he be interviewed by probation to determine his eligibility. Good luck.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more
  2. Christopher S Ison

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If your husband doesn't have enough money to hire an attorney, he might qualify for the services of the public defender. He will have to fill out an application for the court to determine whether he qualifies for the public defender's services. You can probably call the court house in the county that he is being held and ask them what the process is for filling out the application for the public defender.

    Attorney's answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  3. Joel B. Sklar


    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You've probably heard this a million times on TV-your husband will be provided an attorney if he cannot afford one. Good luck.

    Please be advised that there is no attorney-client relationship between us. No attorney-client relationship exists... more
  4. Robert John Johnston

    Contributor Level 6


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . There are lawyers that will work with you by putting up collateral and other things to asure payment. You or your husband may want to considder this route. I am a criminal lawyer near you and have help people in the past this way.
    Robert J. Johnston 843-946-0099

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,557 answers this week

3,173 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,557 answers this week

3,173 attorneys answering