My husband is in jail and i want a divorce. hes locked up for aggrevated assault, felony battery and obstruction of a 911 call t

Asked over 3 years ago - Austell, GA

those charges he got were against me and he also got child abuse because he did it in front of my kids. what can i do to get a divorce and is there anything necessary for me to do other than what you do in a normal situation?

1. Paula Jeanette Mcgill

Answered . Other than the issue of service, there isn't anything different you need to do.

2. Patrick Lee Jarrett

Answered . I agree with the above answer. I recommend speaking with a family law attorney in your area to ensure you explore all options to protect yourself and your children.

3. Jennifer H. Keaton

Answered . Cobb County Superior Court has a great seminar for non-lawyers who are seeking to divorce. Give consideration to attending the seminar if you are planning to represent yourself.