My husband is in albany county jail for a murda charge where waiting for a trail I need to help him out with this case

Albany, NY |

My husband is in albany county jail for a murda charge the judge trying to give him 20 to life but my husband wants to take it to trail

1. You have not asked a question. I suggest speaking to his lawyer and then talking to your husband about his options. Perhaps his attorney will have ideas on how you can provide help with information.

I have been a criminal attorney in New York for almost 25 years. website: Brooklynlaw.net Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: howard@brooklynlaw.net. This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

2. The type of help you need isn't available from a message board. You need to speak with his attorney, and if you aren't satisfied with the attorney, try to find another.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

3. What is your question? You should talk with his lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

4. Since a murder 2d charge is punishable by 25 years to life (assuming no other convictions), the issue is one of risk tolerance vs. how strong a case he has. As your husband certainly has an attorney, he should be discussing this in detail with him. The decision is always the client's and he should make an informed decision. A plea is an accepted compromise which balances risk vs. the strength of the case.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.