My husband is in albany county jail for a murda charge where waiting for a trail I need to help him out with this case

Asked almost 2 years ago - Albany, NY

My husband is in albany county jail for a murda charge the judge trying to give him 20 to life but my husband wants to take it to trail

1. Howard A. Schwartz

2

Answered . You have not asked a question. I suggest speaking to his lawyer and then talking to your husband about his options. Perhaps his attorney will have ideas on how you can provide help with information.

2. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

2

Answered . The type of help you need isn't available from a message board. You need to speak with his attorney, and if you aren't satisfied with the attorney, try to find another.

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . What is your question? You should talk with his lawyer.

4. Marco Caviglia

1

Answered . Since a murder 2d charge is punishable by 25 years to life (assuming no other convictions), the issue is one of risk tolerance vs. how strong a case he has. As your husband certainly has an attorney, he should be discussing this in detail with him. The decision is always the client's and he should make an informed decision. A plea is an accepted compromise which balances risk vs. the strength of the case.