My husband is in jail, will he be deported 100% if his case states hes on HOLD?

Asked 6 months ago - Bell, CA

They recently arrested my husband, he had a warrant for not being present to one of his court dates, regarding DUI. He is now in mens central jail after going thru many retentions/correction facilitys. Is it 100% guaranteed that after immigation services takes him that he will be deported?

1. Henry Joseph Nunez

4

1

Answered . Not necessarily. It is wise to schedule a consult with an immigration lawyer since it depends on whether this is a first DUI, what his criminal rap sheet looks like and whether ICE would even place a hold on him within the 48 hour window that they have. Best of luck.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

Pro

6

Answered . Hire an immigration attorney for him. This is much better and likely to bring results than posting here.

3. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

4

Answered . He will not necessarily be deported unless he also has an outstanding order of deportation/removal or agrees to be deported. The fact that he has a hold only means the ICE may take him into custody and initiate removal proceedings. You would be best advised to retain an experienced immigration attorney.