My husband is illegal and his boss wants to elp him get his papers. Will that process be faster or by marriage?

Asked about 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

I already filed an i130 and he has a 245 I and his boss wants to help him. Which way is easier through me marriage or through his boss?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Best Answer

Answered . Not enough information. In order to get your question answered you have to ask a question first in a form which would render it understandable and provide information sufficient to make a reasonable and intelligible suggestion. I cannot answer your question on the information provided. The answer depends on the information not in your post. You know that he is 245(i) eligible but you do not tell us how and we are supposed to rely on your word? Yet, we do not even know your immigration attorney in this country. Hire an immigraiton attorney. Do your husband and yourself a favor.

2. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . To be able to adjust status through an employment based petition, he would need to qualify for 245(i).

What would need to be done through marriage depends on your own status, and how he entered the US.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . Marriage to a US Citizen is faster.