My husband is facing a Class A misdemeanor in Texas for interfering with an emergency phone call what kind of sentence?

Nolanville, TX |

Its a first offense and he's in the Army

1. The maximum punishment possible is one year in the county jail and a $4,000 fine. He should also be eligible for probation. He needs to hire an attorney to handle this. He may be able to get it dismissed.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

2. I agree with Ms Jagger's as to the punishment range. He needs to hire an attorney quickly. Many in your area, like myself, offer free consultations.

Todd Steele's response to your question is for general information purposes only. Nothing in this response should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

3. He needs a good criminal defense attorney. I am sure that his criminal record is a priority for him being in the military.

The information provided is not advice but a legal perspective and you should schedule a consultation with the lawyer of your choice.